"Music is what life sounds like." ~Eric Olson

27 October 2010

Tim Burton!!

Halloween movies. Creepy movies. Ridiculously creative and off-the-wall movies.

Those all describe how I feel about Tim Burton and the movies he creates. Ok, so Halloween is not an accurate word to describe all of his movies...Alice in Wonderland for example.

Tim Burton's productions are beyond normal description. His movies often have almost a form of irony to them. It's almost as if you think they are going to be terrifying but then they are not. Creepy, yes. Scary, no. For example, I thought Sleepy Hollow was going to be decently scary, but then I watched it and Johnny Depp as Ichabod Crane was ridiculous. His acting was wonderful and I loved the portrayal of Ichabod Crane as somewhat a sissy, but it was not what I was originally expecting.

Speaking of Johnny Depp in a Tim Burton production, they have worked together a large amount of times. Here's a list of their collaborations:

  • Edward Scissorhands
  • Ed Wood
  • Sleepy Hollow
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (remake)
  • Corpse Bride (I'm watching this on Family Channel right now!)
  • Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
  • Alice in Wonderland







Helena Bonham Carter, Tim Burton's wife since 2001, also appears in a lot of his movies, including:
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (remake)
  • Corpse Bride
  • Big Fish
  • Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street












I found a website of Tim Burton poems with illustrations. They're quite funny. Here's the link! HERE

Also, here's one of the poems that really made me laugh.

The Boy With Nails in His Eyes


The Boy with Nails in his Eyes
put up his aluminium tree.
It looked pretty strange
because he couldn't really see






Sorry this blog is all over the place today. I was just watching Corpse Bride and I really wanted to talk about the fact that Tim Burton is basically a genius....or at least I think so.

Have a great Halloween! Watch a Tim Burton movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment