"Music is what life sounds like." ~Eric Olson

12 October 2010

BET Hip Hop Awards

At 7 p.m. this evening the BET (Black Entertainment Television) Hip Hop Awards, hosted by Mike Epps, will air on channel 78 (if you have Mediacom Cable, that is).

Bah! I'm excited. I love hip hop and I think that awards shows are always exciting to watch.



Tonight Salt-N-Pepa will be honored.
This dynamic duo debuted in 1985 with their record "Showstopper." In 1987, they received a Grammy for their song "Push It," which is my personal favorite. That song never fails to have me jump to my feet and start dancing like a maniac.



Something interesting about the awards is that there is a "Best Hip Hop Blog Site" category. The nominees (links included) are as follows:

All the categories for awards and the nominees for this evening's show can be found HERE.


The performers for the evening include:



B.o.B. 
Yelawolf and Big Boi

Digital Underground

Waka Flocka Flame

Rick Ross
Antoine Dodson


Soulja Boy



J Cole

Gucci Mane
MC Hammer

Cali Swag District


Now, the website does not list him, but my Trey Songz Facebook fan page says that Trey Songz will be performing tonight....so.....I am definitely going to watch and see if he does!



No comments:

Post a Comment