"Music is what life sounds like." ~Eric Olson

15 September 2010

I Love New Albums!

"Here We Go Again"



It's the first track on the new Trey Songz album Passion, Pain, and Pleasure and also how my friends react to my obsessions to new albums.

I admit - it can become an obsession with me - but doesn't everyone get excited when an artist they like puts out new music? And I love Trey Songz. A lot.

Okay, so he's a relatively new obsession, but I really enjoy his music. It has a nice smooth beat to it. By the way, if you like R&B music, you should listen to his new album. The newest song with a video (I love music videos! But that's another obsession to talk about a different time.) to it is "Can't Be Friends." 

It's great how media and music tie together, isn't it? I cannot imagine life without Youtube. 

Let me explain my obsession with new albums for you real quick - every time I hear an artist that I like is dropping a new album or mixtape, I get ridiculously excited. This excitement has been known to last as long as five months, hence why my friends get tired of it. It doesn't end there though. After the album finally hits the public, I feel as if I should listen to it all the time. 

Here is my top new album/mixtape list for the year:

  1. Thank Me Later - Drake
  2. Rebirth - Lil Wayne
  3. Daddy's Home - Usher
  4. B.o.B. Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray - B.o.B.
  5. Lazarus - Travie McCoy
  6. The Script - The Script
  7. Fan of a Fan - Chris Brown and Tyga
Now I have the Trey Songz album to listen to! I'm sure I'll add it to my list of best albums. 

Drop me a comment and tell me what your favorite new artist or album is! I'm always looking to expand my music vocabulary. 

1 comment:

  1. OK...so Dinah Washington is not a new artist. In fact, she's a dead jazz singer. However, she is new to me, and I wish I had a couple hundred bucks to buy all of her CDs. Since I don't have the money, I've had to settle for something new (well, at least new to me) and that's Slacker.com. I've set up my own Dinah Washington station and hear a number of her songs throughout the day, along with a whole catalog of songs from similar artists. I'm quite addicted to Slacker.com right now.

    ReplyDelete